Expressive Arts Connection promotes self-expression through art, music, dance, and drama. Children and teens will explore their imagination in a safe setting that promotes friendship, social skills, and confidence, while building fine motor and coordination skills, and exploring various sensory experiences. These programs include:
Ages 12 to 21 years old
Lights! Camera! Action! Participate in acting and improvisation class using props, scripts and your imagination. This class encourages self-expression, social skills, builds confidence, and provides a positive outlet for releasing energy and emotions.
Criteria for participation:
- Participants must possess receptive/expressive language skills
- Demonstrate the desire to socialize and interact with peers
- Demonstrate the ability to follow directions with minimal prompting.
*This program is not offered during Spring 2019*
Only Make Believe Interactive Theater
Ages 7 to 21 years old
Only Make Believe is a non-profit organization that creates and performs
interactive theatre for children in hospitals, care facilities and special
needs schools. Participants and families can expect to be a part of the
storytelling performance and enjoy a trunk full of costumes, props, music, and
have a turn on stage. Participants must have the ability to sit and watch a
one-hour theatrical performance.
- Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- Participants and siblings with or without special healthcare needs are welcome to join this program.
Making a Masterpiece
Ages 7 to 21 years old
Children’s Specialized Hospital is partnering with Fundacion Manos A La Ayuda, Inc. – Hands Help Hands and Professor Hernando Rico Sanchez to provide a therapeutic fine art program for children ages 7 years and older with and without special needs.
Exploring Fine Arts offers
opportunities for youth to expand their creative side while also further
developing fine motor skills. Instructors will provide various drawing,
painting, and mixed media techniques. Siblings are encouraged to register and
participate as well.
- To prove opportunities for socialize and social support among participants
- To offer opportunities for self-expression and creativity
- To improve fine motor skills
Mondays April 1 - April 29, 2019 from 6:00pm-7:30pm in Mountainside.
*New participants may be asked
to complete an in-person screening prior to registration. *Families will be
provided with a list of supplies to purchase prior to attending
Click here to register